quinta-feira, janeiro 28, 2010

Organizing for America

Dear Ambassador [of USA in Lisbon],

As I didn't find the way to answer to President Obama's email that was sent to me by Organizing for America, I am asking you to deliver it to him on my behalf.

Thank you,
Antonio Cerveira pinto


Message to President Barack Obama

Dear Mr President,

Lisbon, 28 of January 2010

I am following you with great hope and wish you and the american people the best.

If I may say something substantial to you I would underline the idea that all Western Countries, mainly Europe and North America need to go back to work! That is to recuperate and launch a totally new, full spectrum and sustainable homeland production program. It is also crucial to develop a radical new attitude towards consumption (a more inmaterial and socially responsible one). In the meantime I strongly support and recommend the idea of launching a new Tordesilhas Treaty, this time between China-Japan, on one side, and America and Europe on the other. This would configure a new sustained globalization, very different from the one that is now becoming too dangerous for all mankind.

All the best,
Antonio Cerveira-Pinto
Portuguese citizen
Lisbon, Portugal.


President Barack Obama e-mail sento to me:

Antonio --

I just finished delivering my first State of the Union, and I wanted to send you a quick note.

We face big and difficult challenges. Change on the scale we seek does not come easily. But I will never accept second place for the United States of America.

That is why I called for a robust jobs bill without delay. It's why I proposed a small businesses tax credit, new investments in infrastructure, and pushed for climate legislation to create a clean energy economy.

It's why we're taking on big banks, reforming Wall Street, revitalizing our education system, increasing transparency -- and finishing the job on health insurance reform.

It's why I need your help -- because I am determined to fight to defend the middle class, and special interest lobbyists will go all out to fight us.

Help me show that the American people are ready to join this fight for the middle class -- add your name to a letter to Congress today:

http://my.barackobama.com/SOTU

We have finished a difficult year. We have come through a difficult decade. But we don't quit. I don't quit.

Let's seize this moment -- to start anew, to carry the dream forward, and to strengthen our union once more.

President Barack Obama.


OAM 678 — 28 Jan 2010  10:03

2 comentários:

Mrzepovinho disse...

Bons concelhos que deu ao Barak Obama, ao menos ele lhes desse um pouco de ouvidos... infelizmente a palavra "recuperate" está mal escrita... em ingles essa palavra é recovery ou recover :D

Acho muito engraçado quando ele fala de disciplinar Wall Street... vamos a ver agora em março se õs bancos não vão merecer um novo Bailout...

Unknown disse...

Tordesilhas!
...é bom piscar o olho à História, parabéns!
Abç SR